The present code of self-discipline recalls the principle of Professional Ethics and embeds the Deontological Laws uttered by Professional Association, to which are clearly referring. The inspirational Value is given by formal and real respect of legality that comes from the loyal, honest and transparent behaviour of everyone.
- These deontological ethical rules apply to each professional of the Firm “Studio Lombardi 1945”, their activities, their mutual relationships and their external connections.
- The code applies also to all the professionals, members, employees, collaborators, interns and partners of the Firm.
- When establish a relationship with a new Client, it is provided a copy of the herby Codes of Ethics.
- When starting any relationship, both the Firm and the external professional – or apprentice – approve this code.
Secrecy and Confidentiality
- The professionals shape their relationships with others, with colleagues and with the media, according to the laws of professional confidentiality, avoiding any leak of information that may put in jeopardy the image or the actual interests of the Client or of the Firm. An explanatory and illustrative document about Secrecy and Confidentiality is provided to the Client once the contract is assigned.
- The retentions of documents and files considered relevant for the professional performance, it will be anonymous, with numeric and alphanumeric codes of identification and secret custody.
- The relationships with the Clients are shaped on the criterias of mutual integrity and transparency; the Firm grants legal protection and confidentiality during the warrant, including the Client’s identity.
Internal Conflict of Interests
- If the professional, when conducting their activities, discovers the chance of conflict of interest – either if just potential – between the Firm’s clients, they must let Senior Partner know, in order to proceed to the resolution of the conflict with an irrevocable decision.
External Conflict of Interests
- To avoid creating conflict of interest between the Firm’s Clients, the external collaborators must submit to the Associates the status of the procedures that might be a potential conflict.
- If the presence of a conflict of interest is verified, or even if it is just potential, the Senior Partner has the unquestionable power of solving the conflict, giving major defence to the Association.
Objectives and methodology of the Firm
- Each professional has to shape their conduct following the values of morality, dignity, decency and confidentiality.
- The Firm professionals practise their activities to mainly protect the rights and the interests of the Client.
- To guarantee the quality of professional services, the Associates and collaborators of the Firm must use as a base to execute each procedure, the directions of their professional associations and the recommendations of the Firm Rules.
- The work method is inspired to the principles of solidarity and subsidiarity.
During the business management, the professional acts:
- According to their own justified juridical certainties and their technical and professional evaluations, in a condition of parity with other professionals, in the observance of the deontological rules of their professional associations.
- The professional must refrain in every way possible, tasks or positions of personal predominance.
Fee and rights
- The professional fees, the rights and the benefits concerning the professional activity, are determined by the current rate as well as customs and traditions. Taking into account the nature of the service, the importance of the dispute, the importance and the number of matters debated, the level of authority appealed, with a special attention to the results accomplished, the advantages obtained – even when not patrimonial – as well as the urgency of the request.
- When signing a contract, it is provided to the Client an estimate debit note, with the indication of the competences determined by the previous sections.
- The Associates, professional collaborators, apprentices and employees, are aware of the need of safeguarding the Firm estate, determined by the worth of the property income and the intangible worth represented by the Firm experience, its reliable presence on the market, the quality of the professional services given and our Client’s trust. For this purpose it is extended also to the Firm’s external connections, the commitment of decency and morality, with others, relatives and social media.
Relieve from manage business
- If the professional is required to manage some business that, for integrity or other ethical reasons, they believe not capable to manage, they will ask – by a written communication to the to Associates – to be relieved of the charge.
- The professional has to promptly inform the Associates as soon as they get to know a serious reason for being unable to carry out their activities. The Associates will agree the modality of replacement.
- Each professional takes care and promotes constant professional and scientific updates, according to their skills and current regulation, in order to guarantee a continuous high standard assistance and excellence to the Client.
Power of supervision and Code of Ethics revision
- The Associates watches on the observance of this Code of Ethics.
- The operative, organizational and disciplinary aspects are provided item by item by the Firm’s internal regulation.
- Any violation could be notified to any professional, collaborator, apprentice and employee; if any serious violation is committed, it could determine the exclusion from the professional association, or the dissolution of any relationship.
- The Associates can approve alteration to this Code, if majority is reached.
Last updates November 2015